Saturday, March 21, 2009

spring hair fever

it's that time of year again -- i'm jones-ing for a hair cut. right now my hair falls a couple inches below my shoulders, and it's just straight and dark. i'm thinking i want something cute with a shape, maybe a little like taraji at the oscars?

it's just so amazingly cute, with the long sweepy bangs, and i like that it's short without being super severe. and it looks like it would grow nicely -- being a preppy prof doesn't exactly pay well, so i usually only get my hair cut a few times a year, unfortunately. this one looks like it might stay cute, with a little bangs-trimming, even if it grew a bit.

beyond it just being spring, and my own personal wish for something less blah on the top of my head, i have to admit that there's a totally superficial reason for choosing right now as the time for a trim: i'm not currently seeing anyone, so there's no one to complain about me cutting off my longer hair. boys are so weirdly picky about hair, and i swear i had a boyfriend once who broke up with me not long after i chopped off my locks. now, i can get a cute cut and go out and be flirty with it, instead of having to worry about how anyone else is going to feel about it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say go for it! It's really cute and like you said, when it grows out a bit it will still look great :)

c said...

do it! I had side bangs for a while, and they are super easy to trim yourself- just gather them up (dry!), twist the to your nose, cut, then brush them to the side you prefer and do the precision trimming to get them to the angle you like.

If you cut your hair- tell us how much you love it! It's been... 5 years since I've had a cut. Maybe it's time for me, too!

Anonymous said...

Do it! (PS- I tagged you on my blog!)